Although we still don't know what the first few weeks and months of the new year will bring, I'm hoping for and looking forward to a better 2021.
I've never really been a New Year's resolution type of person, probably because resolutions tend to be big and lofty and I never actually follow through with them. I do set goals for myself though - small ones that are usually reasonable and achievable. During the COVID-19 Pandemic of 2020 however, I learned to let go of the goals and expectations I had for myself and for Blue Bird. The only way to emotionally survive the uncertainty, fear and anxiety was to focus on actually surviving (not necessarily thriving) and being grateful for what I had in the present moment.
With 2021 upon us I'm very hesitant to do my typical goal setting. Instead, I'm going to call them "manifestations". Manifestations are worded in the present tense, as if you are already doing it or already have it so that through the law of attraction, your thoughts and energy can create your reality. I wanted to share some of my 2021 manifestations with you:
- I am living each day with Gav with lots of joy, love and laughter.
- My family and friends are living healthy, happy lives and we are enjoying spending time together safely.
- The boutique is flourishing, I am meeting new customers every day and I am building meaningful relationships with existing and return customers.
- I am attracting the right people and circumstances in my life and my grateful heart is a magnet that attracts everything I desire. I am creating the life of my dreams.
- I am enjoying financial abundance - the money I spend will always be replaced with more.
Today was the first time I watched the sunrise - okay...I kinda cheated and watched it via live webcam because I wanted to watch it from the safety of my home and in my pajamas. I felt compelled to watch the sunrise on the first day of 2021 (even if remotely), because it is literally the dawning of a new day in the new year and more importantly, a symbol of illumination, awakening and hope. I wanted to start 2021 and firmly set my intentions with the notion of hope - hope for a better 2021 for everyone, in every aspect. With this in mind, I wanted to share with you a quote from Emily Dickinson that really resonates with me: